4:05 am


to a stunned wanderer

Have you ever felt electricity within a person? Have you ever stayed under the rain just to feel alive? Have your lips touched a starry silent sky? I wonder if one day I’ll find all the answers I’ve been looking for, if I will ever get tired of your eyes or if you’ll remain as my deepest mystery. Time passes so fast, it goes away like crystal water dripping from my hands; I wish I could stop and rewind, go back to those moments when we were so transparent, maybe too fresh and afraid, but god, so sure about each other. We were the world and nothing else mattered, we were together and life was just an endless road of memories and dreams to share. I would go back then and take a picture of us mid laughing, looking at each other, all covered with kisses during a random weekday evening. I fear my mind will slowly erase those moments, the ones I don’t want to forget ever. But let’s face the truth, you’ll be gone soon and I’ll be gone too. This is all I have.

You’re the darkest cloud in this mellow sky and the sharpest wave of the ocean. I’ve traveled miles within your eyes; I’ve tasted fires over your skin. Are you the filling or the void? Will I ever be able to answer that question? I just can’t understand that ability of yours to dim or light someone’s soul with your presence only. You’re so earthly yet so heavenly. I wish I was able to make you see yourself as pure as you truly are. I’d take off the masks and the barriers and show you the person you’ve tried so hard to hide all these years. You would see the magic within yourself.

Everything seemed never-ending with you. That’s what I loved the most. It was almost perfect. I lost track of the concept of time and life was enough every single moment. I’ve never felt so real in my life. Now there’s a place for you within me. I loved you, even when I thought I wasn’t able to feel love. You warmed and kissed my wounds with the truth. We were like children on an infinite playground, running in circles without destination. Life was enough. 

Soon, when everything’s fading, this will be the photograph to remember us.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog